Aug 21, 2014

Fermenting Workshops: Kombucha and Veggies


Kombucha is a fermented, probiotic and detoxifying drink that can be found in the refrigerated section at Whole Foods and in some Krogers for about $3 a pint.  The good news is that you can make it in your kitchen for a fraction of the cost.  It is very simple to make.  I have posted directions in this space before.  However, I understand that some people want a helping hand fermenting their first time around.

Next Thursday, August 28 at 7pm, I will be hosting a kombucha workshop in my kitchen.  In order to raise funds to attend the annual conference for the Weston A. Price Foundation, I am charging $25 per person for this class.  You will go home with a SCOBY (starter).  If you would like for me to procure the other needed supplies for home brew, mention that when you email me to reserve your spot.

Next Saturday, August 30 at 7pm, I will be hosting a vegetable fermenting workshop in my kitchen.  You will taste everything I have fermented in my refrigerator: kimchi, sauerkraut, pickles, relish, carrots, roasted peppers, cauliflower and my favorite... tomatoes!  You will go home with a jar that we make in class as well as the knowledge and power to ferment your own sauerkraut.  This class will also cost $25 per person, which will help offset the costs of the conference.

Both classes are limited to ten people.  Email to reserve your spot: luvmyhub AT gmail.com.  I live near Whole Foods (Rodney Parham/430) in Little Rock.  If you are interested in these classes but the dates do not work for you, email me and if enough interest, I will host other classes.

Recap
2 separate classes, $25 each
 - kombucha on Thursday, August 28 at 7pm
 - sauerkraut on Saturday, August 30 at 7pm

Happy fermenting!
Julie

PS - anyone else going to the conference in Indianapolis?  You can watch the promo video here.

share facebook tweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails