Sep 15, 2014

Homemade Gummies, & Paleo Wraps

For an after school snack, I've been making these Strawberry Cream Gummies from Holistic Squid.

--Did you know that one package of gelatin has 7grams of protein?!  The recipe calls for 13 packages of gelatin.  That's 91 grams of protein for just the gelatin in this recipe.  I just use Kroger brand gelatin but you can certainly buy higher quality elsewhere.  Gelatin is very healing for the gut.

--I have a silicon mini-muffin pan that I use for these but you can also just pour it into your favorite pan and cut out squares.  I tried using candy molds (disaster).  Note to self: stick with silicon or glass pan.  I used 8x8 pan and cut the tummies into ~1/2 to 1 inch cubes.

--If you have a VitaMix, you can save yourself some dishes by making everything in the blender.  Instead of heating on the stove, just run the blender a few seconds longer.  Easy peasy.

--My husband has been avoiding sugar so I've made a "jello" for him inspired from the above recipe.  I use one can full-fat coconut milk and 4 envelopes gelatin with 2 T honey.

--I also want to try this recipe for sour gummy stars.

Secondly, anyone tried these Paleo Wraps from Drug Emporium?
You will find them near the canned coconut milk.  The ingredients are simply coconut meat, coconut water and coconut oil.  They are a bit pricey but a convenient and tasty option for those going gluten free or paleo.

Have you tried anything new lately?
Julie

share facebook tweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails